Home Renovation projects can add value to a property, provide more living and storage space, and present better reflections of style and personal preference for homeowners. But renovations also create lots of dust and hazard, so if you have renovation plans don’t forget to clean your HVAC system by HVAC contractors Atlanta for post-renovation.
Renovations like drywall sanding, demolition, or any other interior home project increase dust. Dust and debris from renovation sites often travel far beyond the work area, and into the ductwork of a home. Dust goes everywhere with the airflow. So, it is important to schedule an Air Duct Cleaning post-renovation and clean-up. Duct Cleaning improves air quality through the removal of dust and debris, and it creates a healthy living environment for your family.
Here are a few things you can consider before construction begins
- Close all of your HVAC system vents: This prevents dust from getting stuck in the venting system.
- Seal rooms: Seal all rooms that will not be renovated to prevent dust and heavy particles from spreading.
- Protect furniture and other precious items: Use old sheets to protect the furniture and other belongings. If possible, move them to other places
- Protect Vents: There are vent covers that you can place over the vents to prevent even the tiniest of materials from getting through.
- Consider Upgrading your HVAC: If you’re already undergoing or planning for a renovation, you can consider upgrading your unit by HVAC contractors Atlanta.
Things to be done after renovation
- Change air filters -Air filters need to be replaced if it is very filthy with random particles and pieces of paper
- Clean ductwork – Air ducts are associated with the HVAC system and are the pathways for heated or cooled air to travel throughout a home. Air duct cleaning is the process of removing dust particles, mold and other contaminants that accumulate over time in the air ductwork. Air ducts are like the circulatory system of your home, which is why it is so important that you call up a specialist to clean up the vents after your renovation is over.
Post-construction cleaning is done mostly for safety. Dust contains toxins and carcinogens that can be dangerous for the residents. Also, there is a chance that nails, sawdust, and broken glass and other material leftovers can cause harm to anyone. The
professionals of HVAC contractors Atlantaare expert to take care of their task and you can get a safe home or business from the invisible debris which can protect your equipment.